His typical treatments use very little force, and his keen sense of touch permits locating and correcting key structural misalignments with minimal pain. The treatments are effective even if the underlying problem is complicated or the patient has the pain for several years. His typical treatments focus on relaxing tight muscles, decreasing pressure on nerves, realigning joints and improving circulation so that the body is better able to repair itself. In the case of osteoarthritis, the Doctor can often improve joint health by aligning unstable joints, recommending nutrients / exercises and teaching patients to protect their joints. His treatments are gentle and safe for children and older persons.
He uses NON-SURGICAL TREATMENTS for musculoskeletal and nerve compression conditions like Carpal Tunnel, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, sciatica, numbness, back pain, knee pain, scoliosis, pectus escavatum, degenerative disk disease, degenerative joint disease, plantar fasciitis, osteoarthritis and joint dislocations. Sometimes these treatments decrease deformities.
This system of manipulation is unusually effective and it uses the body's own reflex responses to reduce tightness and decrease resting muscle tone. This reduces the pressure on the back and skeletal system, and improves blood circulation which promotes natural healing. This type of treatment can help to reduce breathing problems, improve rib function, reduce headaches and sometimes it can reduce fibromyalgia pain. The improved joint mechanics reduces osteoarthritis pain and joint wear. This type of treatment often reduces chronic muscle spasms and reduces pain. This is especially helpful in conditions like scoliosis, kyphosis, chronic back pain, and non-adhesive bowel obstruction. Some patients with cerebral palsy experience improvement in leg function.
Severe structural problems, such as joint dislocation or tendon dislocation do not often lend themselves to gentle treatments. Physical force is usually required to return the joint or tendon to its normal position. If these conditions are not corrected, they lead to severe arthritis and they never completely heal. In these cases, Dr Steiner uses the minimum force and carefully selects the least invasive techniques or treatments necessary to correct the specific condition.
Although Dr Steiner has been trained in high velocity thrust techniques which are similar to Chiropractic adjustments, he uses these techniques rarely and only if he believes that this is the best treatment.
His office is located at 400 East State Street, Athens, Ohio 45701, which is close to the Bob Evans restaurant.
If you would like an appointment call (740) 592-4229 between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday thru Friday.
2. HUNTER GATHERER DIET -- may improve health and correct nerve diseases
3. POISON IVY PREVENTION and CONTROL -- cashews may prevent poison ivy
4. AUTONOMIC NERVES -- brief summary
5. AUTONOMIC NERVES -- relaxing muscles can improve automatic controls
6. TESTIMONIALS FROM PATIENTS
7. BOWEL OBSTRUCTION -- can sometimes improved by treating autonomic nerves
8. FIBROMYALGIA -- is still not well contolled but these hints might help
9. OXYGEN RADICAL ABSORBANCY or ORAC Scores
10. LONG TERM WEIGHT CONTROL -- much more effective than dieting
11. NON-SURGICAL TREATMENTS for BACK, NECK and JOINT PAIN
12. ATOPIC DERMATITIS -- hints for control
13. TREATMENTS for FEMALE URINARY INCONTINENCE -- correcting alignment can sometimes help
14. BLUE COLLAR APPROACH for CHRONIC PAIN -- ways to get along despite pain
15. LEMON MAY HELP FIGHT CANCER